這篇文章中，我們將分享 200+ 個常用的動詞片語，以及這些片語的含義和例句，現在就一起來看看吧！
1. ask somebody out
- 例句：Brian asked Judy out to dinner and a movie.
2. ask around
- 例句：I asked around but nobody has seen my wallet.
3. add up to something
- 例句：Your purchases add up to $205.32.
4. back something up
- 例句：You’ll have to back up your car so that I can get out.
5. back somebody up
- 例句：My wife backed me up over my decision to quit my job.
6. blow up
- 例句：The racing car blew up after it crashed into the fence.
7. blow something up
- 例句：We have to blow 50 balloons up for the party.
8. break down
- 例句：Our car broke down at the side of the highway in the snowstorm.
9. break down
- 例句：The woman broke down when the police told her that her son had died.
10. break something down
- 例句：Our teacher broke the final project down into three separate parts.
11. break in
- 例句：Somebody broke in last night and stole our stereo.
12. break into something
- 例句：The firemen had to break into the room to rescue the children.
13. break something in
- 例句：I need to break these shoes in before we run next week.
14. break in
- 例句：The TV station broke in to report the news of the president’s death.
15. break up
- 例句：My boyfriend and I broke up before I moved to America.
16. break up
- 例句：The kids just broke up as soon as the clown started talking.
17. break out
- 例句：The prisoners broke out of jail when the guards weren’t looking.
18. break out in something
- 例句：I broke out in a rash after our camping trip.
19. bring somebody down
- 例句：This sad music is bringing me down.
20. bring somebody up
- 例句：My grandparents brought me up after my parents died.
21. bring something up
- 例句：My mother walks out of the room when my father brings up sports.
22. bring something up
- 例句：He drank so much that he brought his dinner up in the toilet.
23. call around
- 例句：We called around but we weren’t able to find the car part we needed.
24. call somebody back
- 例句：I called the company back but the offices were closed for the weekend.
25. call something off
- 例句：Jason called the wedding off because he wasn’t in love with his fiancé.
26. call on somebody
- 例句：The professor called on me for question 1.
27. call on somebody
- 例句：We called on you last night but you weren’t home.
28. call somebody up
- 例句：Give me your phone number and I will call you up when we are in town.
29. calm down
- 例句：You are still mad. You need to calm down before you drive the car.
30. not care for somebody/ something
- 例句：I don’t care for his behavior.
31. catch up
- 例句：You’ll have to run faster than that if you want to catch up with Marty.
32. check in
- 例句：We will get the hotel keys when we check in.
33. check out
- 例句：You have to check out of the hotel before 11:00 AM.
34. check somebody/ something out
- 例句：The company checks out all new employees.
35. check out somebody/ something
- 例句：Check out the crazy hair on that guy!
36. cheer up
- 例句：She cheered up when she heard the good news.
37. cheer somebody up
- 例句：I brought you some flowers to cheer you up.
38. chip in
- 例句：If everyone chips in we can get the kitchen painted by noon.
39. clean something up
- 例句：Please clean up your bedroom before you go outside.
40. come across something
- 例句：I came across these old photos when I was tidying the closet.
41. come apart
- 例句：The top and bottom come apart if you pull hard enough.
42. come down with something
- 例句：My nephew came down with chicken pox this weekend.
43. come forward
- 例句：The woman came forward with her husband’s finger prints.
44. come from some place
- 例句：The art of origami comes from Asia.
45. count on somebody/ something
- 例句：I am counting on you to make dinner while I am out.
46. cross something out
- 例句：Please cross out your old address and write your new one.
47. cut back on something
- 例句：My doctor wants me to cut back on sweets and fatty foods.
48. cut something down
- 例句：We had to cut the old tree in our yard down after the storm.
49. cut in
- 例句：Your father cut in while I was dancing with your uncle.
50. cut in
- 例句：The bus driver got angry when that car cut in.
51. cut in
- 例句：The air conditioner cuts in when the temperature gets to 22°C.
52. cut something off
- 例句：The doctors cut off his leg because it was severely injured.
53. cut something off
- 例句：The phone company cut off our phone because we didn’t pay the bill.
54. cut somebody off
- 例句：My grandparents cut my father off when he remarried.
55. cut something out
- 例句：I cut this ad out of the newspaper.
56. do somebody/ something over
- 例句：He’s lucky to be alive. His shop was done over by a street gang.
57. do something over
- 例句：My teacher wants me to do my essay over because she doesn’t like my topic.
58. do away with something
- 例句：It’s time to do away with all of these old tax records.
59. do something up
- 例句：Do your coat up before you go outside. It’s snowing!
60. dress up
- 例句：It’s a fancy restaurant so we have to dress up.
61. drop back
- 例句：Andrea dropped back to third place when she fell off her bike.
62. drop in/ by/ over
- 例句：I might drop in/by/over for tea sometime this week.
63. drop somebody/ something off
- 例句：I have to drop my sister off at work before I come over.
64. drop out
- 例句：I dropped out of Science because it was too difficult.
65. eat out
- 例句：I don’t feel like cooking tonight. Let’s eat out.
66. end up
- 例句：We ended up renting a movie instead of going to the theatre.
67. fall apart
- 例句：My new dress fell apart in the washing machine.
68. fall down
- 例句：The picture that you hung up last night fell down this morning.
69. fall out
- 例句：The money must have fallen out of my pocket.
70. fall out
- 例句：His hair started to fall out when he was only 35.
71. figure something out
- 例句：I need to figure out how to fit the piano and the bookshelf in this room.
72. fill something in
- 例句：Please fill in the form with your name, address, and phone number.
73. fill something out
- 例句：The form must be filled out in capital letters.
74. fill something up
- 例句：I always fill the water jug up when it is empty.
75. find out
- 例句：We don’t know where he lives. How can we find out?
76. find something out
- 例句：We tried to keep the time of the party a secret, but Samantha found it out.
77. get something across/ over
- 例句：I tried to get my point across/over to the judge but she wouldn’t listen.
78. get along/on
- 例句：I was surprised how well my new girlfriend and my sister got along/on.
79. get around
- 例句：My grandfather can get around fine in his new wheelchair.
80. get away
- 例句：We worked so hard this year that we had to get away for a week.
81. get away with something
- 例句：Jason always gets away with cheating in his math tests.
82. get back
- 例句：We got back from our vacation last week.
83. get something back
- 例句：Liz finally got her Science notes back from my room-mate.
84. get back at somebody
- 例句：My sister got back at me for stealing her shoes. She stole my favorite hat.
85. get back into something
- 例句：I finally got back into my novel and finished it.
86. get on something
- 例句：We’re going to freeze out here if you don’t let us get on the bus.
87. get over something
- 例句：I just got over the flu and now my sister has it.
88. get over something
- 例句：The company will have to close if it can’t get over the new regulations.
89. get round to something
- 例句：I don’t know when I am going to get round to writing the thank you cards.
90. get together
- 例句：Let’s get together for a BBQ this weekend.
91. get up
- 例句：I got up early today to study for my exam.
92. get up
- 例句：You should get up and give the elderly man your seat.
93. give somebody away
- 例句：His wife gave him away to the police.
94. give somebody away
- 例句：My father gave me away at my wedding.
95. give something away
- 例句：My little sister gave the surprise party away by accident.
96. give something away
- 例句：The library was giving away old books on Friday.
97. give something back
- 例句：I have to give these skates back to Franz before his hockey game.
98. give in
- 例句：My boyfriend didn’t want to go to the ballet, but he finally gave in.
99. give something out
- 例句：They were giving out free perfume samples at the department store.
100. give something up
- 例句：I am giving up smoking as of January 1st.
101. give up
- 例句：My maths homework was too difficult so I gave up.
102. go after somebody
- 例句：My brother tried to go after the thief in his car.
103. go after something
- 例句：I went after my dream and now I am a published writer.
104. go against somebody
- 例句：We are going against the best soccer team in the city tonight.
105. go ahead
- 例句：Please go ahead and eat before the food gets cold.
106. go back
- 例句：I have to go back home and get my lunch.
107. go out
- 例句：We’re going out for dinner tonight.
108. go out with somebody
- 例句：Jesse has been going out with Luke since they met last winter.
109. go over something
- 例句：Please go over your answers before you submit your test.
110. go over
- 例句：I haven’t seen Tina for a long time. I think I’ll go over for an hour or two.
111. go without something
- 例句：When I was young, we went without winter boots.
112. grow apart
- 例句：My best friend and I grew apart after she changed schools.
113. grow back
- 例句：My roses grew back this summer.
114. grow into something
- 例句：This bike is too big for him now, but he should grow into it by next year.
115. grow out of something
- 例句：Elizabeth needs a new pair of shoes because she has grown out of her old ones.
116. grow up
- 例句：When Jack grows up he wants to be a fireman.
117. hand something down
- 例句：I handed my old comic books down to my little cousin.
118. hand something in
- 例句：I have to hand in my essay by Friday.
119. hand something out
- 例句：We will hand out the invitations at the door.
120. hand something over
- 例句：The police asked the man to hand over his wallet and his weapons.
121. hang in
- 例句：Hang in there. I’m sure you’ll find a job very soon.
122. hang on
- 例句：Hang on while I grab my coat and shoes!
123. hang out
- 例句：Instead of going to the party we are just going to hang out at my place.
124. hang up
- 例句：He didn’t say goodbye before he hung up.
125. hold somebody/ something back
- 例句：I had to hold my dog back because there was a cat in the park.
126. hold something back
- 例句：Jamie held back his tears at his grandfather’s funeral.
127. hold on
- 例句：Please hold on while I transfer you to the Sales Department.
128. hold onto somebody/ something
- 例句：Hold onto your hat because it’s very windy outside.
129. hold somebody/ something up
- 例句：A man in a black mask held the bank up this morning.
130. keep on doing something
- 例句：Keep on stirring until the liquid comes to a boil.
131. keep something from somebody
- 例句：We kept our relationship from our parents for two years.
132. keep somebody/ something out
- 例句：Try to keep the wet dog out of the living room.
133. keep something up
- 例句：If you keep those results up you will get into a great college.
134. let somebody down
- 例句：I need you to be on time. Don’t let me down this time.
135. let somebody in
- 例句：Can you let the cat in before you go to school?
136. log in (or on)
- 例句：I can’t log in to Facebook because I’ve forgotten my password.
137. log out (or off)
- 例句：If you don’t log off somebody could get into your account.
138. look after somebody/ something
- 例句：I have to look after my sick grandmother.
139. look down on somebody
- 例句：Ever since we stole that chocolate bar your dad has looked down on me.
140. look for somebody/ something
- 例句：I’m looking for a red dress for the wedding.
141. look forward to something
- 例句：I’m looking forward to the Christmas break.
142. look into something
- 例句：We are going to look into the price of snowboards today.
143. look out
- 例句：Look out! That car’s going to hit you!
144. look out for somebody/ something
- 例句：Don’t forget to look out for snakes on the hiking trail.
145. look something over
- 例句：Can you look over my essay for spelling mistakes?
146. look something up
- 例句：We can look her phone number up on the Internet.
147. look up to somebody
- 例句：My little sister has always looked up to me.
148. make something up
- 例句：Josie made up a story about why we were late.
149. make up
- 例句：We were angry last night, but we made up at breakfast.
150. make somebody up
- 例句：My sisters made me up for my graduation party.
151. mix something up
- 例句：I mixed up the twins’ names again!
152. pass away
- 例句：His uncle passed away last night after a long illness.
153. pass out
- 例句：It was so hot in the church that an elderly lady passed out.
154. pass something out
- 例句：The professor passed the textbooks out before class.
155. pass something up
- 例句：I passed up the job because I am afraid of change.
156. pay somebody back
- 例句：Thanks for buying my ticket. I’ll pay you back on Friday.
157. pay for something
- 例句：That bully will pay for being mean to my little brother.
158. pick something out
- 例句：I picked out three sweaters for you to try on.
159. point somebody/ something out
- 例句：I’ll point my boyfriend out when he runs by.
160. put something down
- 例句：You can put the groceries down on the kitchen counter.
161. put somebody down
- 例句：The students put the substitute teacher down because his pants were too short.
162. put something off
- 例句：We are putting off our trip until January because of the hurricane.
163. put something out
- 例句：The neighbors put the fire out before the firemen arrived.
164. put something together
- 例句：I have to put the crib together before the baby arrives.
165. put up with somebody/ something
- 例句：I don’t think I can put up with three small children in the car.
166. put something on
- 例句：Don’t forget to put on your new earrings for the party.
167. run into somebody/ something
- 例句：I ran into an old school-friend at the mall.
168. run over somebody/ something
- 例句：I accidentally ran over your bicycle in the driveway.
169. run over/ through something
- 例句：Let’s run over/through these lines one more time before the show.
170. run away
- 例句：The child ran away from home and has been missing for three days.
171. run out
- 例句：We ran out of shampoo so I had to wash my hair with soap.
172. send something back
- 例句：My letter got sent back to me because I used the wrong stamp.
173. set something up
- 例句：Our boss set a meeting up with the president of the company.
174. set somebody up
- 例句：The police set up the car thief by using a hidden camera.
175. shop around
- 例句：I want to shop around a little before I decide on these boots.
176. show off
- 例句：He always shows off on his skateboard.
177. sleep over
- 例句：You should sleep over tonight if the weather is too bad to drive home.
178. sort something out
- 例句：We need to sort the bills out before the first of the month.
179. stick to something
- 例句：You will lose weight if you stick to the diet.
180. switch something off
- 例句：The light’s too bright. Could you switch it off.
181. switch something on
- 例句：We heard the news as soon as we switched on the car radio.
182. take after somebody
- 例句：I take after my mother. We are both impatient.
183. take something apart
- 例句：He took the car brakes apart and found the problem.
184. take something back
- 例句：I have to take our new TV back because it doesn’t work.
185. take off
- 例句：My plane takes off in five minutes.
186. take something off
- 例句：Take off your socks and shoes and come in the lake!
187. take something out
- 例句：Can you take the garbage out to the street for me?
188. take somebody out
- 例句：My grandparents took us out for dinner and a movie.
189. tear something up
- 例句：I tore up my ex-boyfriend’s letters and gave them back to him.
190. think back
- 例句：When I think back on my youth, I wish I had studied harder.
191. think something over
- 例句：I’ll have to think this job offer over before I make my final decision.
192. throw something away
- 例句：We threw our old furniture away when we won the lottery.
193. turn something down
- 例句：Please turn the TV down while the guests are here.
194. turn something down
- 例句：I turned the job down because I don’t want to move.
195. turn something off
- 例句：Your mother wants you to turn the TV off and come for dinner.
196. turn something on
- 例句：It’s too dark in here. Let’s turn some lights on.
197. turn something up
- 例句：Can you turn the music up? This is my favorite song.
198. turn up
- 例句：Our cat turned up after we put posters up all over the neighborhood.
199. try something on
- 例句：I’m going to try these jeans on, but I don’t think they will fit.
200. try something out
- 例句：I am going to try this new brand of detergent out.
201. use something up
- 例句：The kids used all of the toothpaste up so we need to buy some more.
202. warm up
- 例句：I always warm up by doing sit-ups before I go for a run.
203. wear off
- 例句：Most of my make-up wore off before I got to the party.
204. work out
- 例句：I work out at the gym three times a week.
205. work something out
- 例句：We have to work out the total cost before we buy the house.